MEACC builds the capacity of Maine communities to protect and preserve their natural resources and quality places.
Every Maine community has an active, effective conservation commission.
1. Build the capacity of existing conservation commissions to work effectively in their communities.
2. Significantly expand the number of Maine communities that have functioning conservation commissions.
3. Redefine the mission and purpose of conservation commissions in state statute so the legal authorization and their stated role and purpose is congruent with the work being done by local commissions.
Members of the Bar Harbor CC with Marcel Polak, MEACC Interim Executive Director, are from left to right: Cynthia Ocel, Chairwomen Jill Weber, Carla Haskell, Dessa Dancy.
- NEW MEACC's Executive Director is providing project coordination for Forest Works! a regional conservation project in York County promoting working forestland. Read about it here!
- NEW Jim Leavitt's excellent TEDx talk on the role of innovation in conservation from the beacon of Beacon Street in Boston and the Boston Common to networks of collaborative, large landscape initiatives like Forest Works! Read about it here!